40 Days of GROWTH

Our journey towards Christ-likeness here in His Life Ministries -- Central (Bacolod City)

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Launch MESSAGE of 40 DOGrowth -- Longer Version


WASTE NOT YOUR LIFE
Preparing for 40 Days of Growth
(some ideas are borrowed from PDL Launching of Rick Warren)

“Be careful how you live, not as fools but as those who are wise.
Make the most of every opportunity for doing good in these evil days.
Don't act thoughtlessly, but try to understand what the Lord
wants you to do.”
Ephesians 5:15-17 (NLT)

This is not a TIME to have “LAPSE in Judgment” especially
regarding LIVING.
It is good to know WHAT GOD WANTS YOU TO DO.
All of us should have this prayer:
"LET ME KNOW YOUR WILL AND I WILL FOLLOW YOU."

3 BASIC QUESTIONS

(1) WHAT DOES GOD WANT FROM ME?
All of ME.

He wants my entire life … all of me!
There is not a single verse in the Bible, not one that says you can be a
Christian and live your life any old way you want to. It’s just not there.
God wants all of you. >> He doesn’t want 10% of you,
He doesn’t want 50% of you, He doesn’t want 99% of you – He wants all of you!

>> Now God is very clear about this; there’s no mystery in it.

Look at what the Bible says in Romans 6:13:

“Give yourselves completely to God since you have been
given new life. And use your whole body as a tool to do what is
right for the glory of God.”
Romans 6:13 (NLT)

“This is what the Lord your God wants you to do: Respect the
Lord and do what he has told you to do. Love him. Serve the
Lord your God with your whole being.”
Deuteronomy 10:12 (NCV)

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and
love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the
other. You cannot serve both God and money.”
Matthew 6:24 (NIV)

He doesn’t say you “should not” serve God and money – He says
you “cannot” serve God and money.
He says it’s impossible.

What’s He talking about?
>> He's saying it is impossible to have
two number one priorities in your life.

You’re always going to have a No.1, and everything else is
going to be 2, 3, 4 and 5.
You can’t have two number one priorities!

Now there are a lot of things besides money that can
certainly push God out of First Place in your life.
Work can push God out of First Place;
Play, sports, hobbies can push God out of First Place;
Friends can push God out of First Place in your life;
School work can push God out of First Place in your life;
Dating can push God out of First Place in your life;
Even your own Family can push God out of First Place in your life.
And He’s saying you can’t serve God and something else at the same time.

He said, ‘I want it all; I want to be totally in charge of your life”.
So really the question here is “what’s going to be First Place in you?”

Do you want building your career to be Number 1?
Do you want raising your family to be Number 1?
Do you want saving for retirement to be Number 1?
Do you want maintaining your good health to be Number 1?

You see, all of those things are good.
In fact, God created them.
And God approves of every one of those things, except in First Place!

God says, “You will have no other gods before me”.
And whatever is in First Place in your life, is your god!

“In everything you do, put God first, and he will direct you and
crown your efforts with success.”
Proverbs 3:6 (LB)


(2) WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GROW?
Total Commitment

"As they were walking along the road, a man said to him,
"I will follow you wherever you go." Jesus replied,
"Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the
Son of Man has no place to lay his head."
He said to another man, "Follow me." But the man replied,
"Lord, first let me go and bury my father." Jesus said to him,
"Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim
the kingdom of God."
Still another said, "I will follow you, Lord; but first let
me go back and say good bye to my family." Jesus replied, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God."
Luke 9:57-62

“Okay, I will follow you. But Lord, let me, first, go take care
of some things I’ve got to take care of”.
Now, that little phrase there – “Lord, let me first” is a contradiction.
You can’t say “Lord” and “me first” at the same time.
If you’re saying “me first”, He’s not your Lord. He’s not in charge. He’s not No. 1.
So, you have to decide who’s going to be Lord in your life – you, or God?
Is it going to be God first, or me first?

Let me ask you a very personal question ...
-- Where are you saying to God, “me first”?
You know, even Christians do this.

>> Where are you saying, “God, I’ll live for you,
but let me first find somebody to marry.

>> God, I’ll live for you, but let me first finish my school.

>> God, I'll really serve you, but let me first get the kids out of the house.

>> God, I’m really going be on fire for you, I’m going to do it all, but let me first achieve financial independence.

>> Let me first pay off my mortgage.

>> Let me first build my career.

>> Let me first finance my kid’s college education”.

And God says, “If I’m not first, none of this is going to be in right perspective”.

“Jesus replied: "A certain man was preparing a great banquet and invited many guests. At the time of the banquet he sent his servant to tell those who had been invited, 'Come, for everything is now ready.' "But they all alike began to make excuses. The first said, 'I have just bought a field, and I must go and see it.
Please excuse me.'
"Another said, 'I have just bought five yoke of oxen, and I'm on my way to try them out.
Please excuse me.' “Still another said, 'I just got married, so I can't come.'
Luke 14:16-20
BIG BANQUET … INVITATION … READY … MADE EXCUSES!

Now, think about this. These three guys are invited to a banquet by the king; they all turn him down. The first guy uses his wealth as an excuse – I just bought some land and I have to go look at it – it will still be there, but he had to go look at it. The second one used his work as an excuse – I’ve got to go and plow my field.
The third guy used his wife as an excuse – I just got married.

So here’s my question to you
– what excuse you keep giving to God for you putting yourself first?
Lord, let me first do this, then I’ll be sold out to you.
Let me first do this, and then I’ll be all yours.
Let me let you in on a little secret – if you would put God first in your life, He’ll take care of everything else.

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GROW? Total Commitment.
“Let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the
sin that so easily hinders our progress.”
Hebrews 12:1b (NLT)

Old Timers NOT GROWING anymore!
Repeating and Repeating the SAME old thing …
Not Discipling … Not Leading!
WHY?
Lacked Commitment, Discipline and Passion for the seriousness towards the things of God!

“Discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness.”
1 Timothy 4:7 (NASB)

TOTAL Commitment is SEEN in Discipline as well.
It is seen in our Daily Planner.
It is seen in the Hours we spend on a THING.
ILLUS: Athletes will be coming … November / December.
We will be EXPOSED to DISCIPLINED people!
GROWTH takes OBEDIENCE.
GROWTH takes DISCIPLINE.
GROWTH takes CHANGES.

>> MORE THAN AN OUTWARD OR IMAGE CHANGE.
IT HAS TO BE A DEEP AND TRANSFORMING CHANGE — AN INSIDE OUT MAKEOVER!

Joke ... Joke ... Joke ... ILLUSTRATION

Remigio Batungbacal = Remington Steel
Federico Hagibis = Federal Express
Maria Natividad = Mary Christmas
Larido delos Reyes = Larry King
Leon Mangubat = Tiger Woods
Rogelio Dagdag = Roger Moore
Restituto Pruto = Tutti Frutti
Samuel Tampipi = Sam Sonite
Veneracion De Asis = Venereal Disease
Diosdado Durante = Deo Dorant
Berting Controlado = Birth Control

Do you want to be KNOWN as Mr. Birth Control?

OUR CHANGE is something DEEPER than
a CHANGE of Physical NAME
or Outward IMAGE …
it has to be CHANGE for GROWTH
Change to honor and glorify God
We are Created to become like His Son!
This is ultimate GROWTH ...

GROWTH takes a PLAN that has to be WORKED OUT.
INTRODUCE HERE THE
40 DAYS OF GROWTH PROGRAM.

Introduce the Tools -- Courses (get out the books)
Introduce the Teams -- Cells (see the Newsletters)
Introduce the Time -- 40 Days (who had 40 Days Experiences in the Bible?)
— Noah; Moses; Jesus; and with his disciples after the resurrection!
— No

40 DAY Journey TESTIMONY …
Introduce the Touch -- Encounters and Mission Projects

“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Matthew 6:33 (NIV)

(3) WHY SHOULD I DO THIS?
The Cross.

“He died for all, that those who live should no longer live for
themselves but for him who died for them and was raised
again.” 2 Corinthians 5:15 (NIV)

HE GAVE ALL … LET’s RESPOND.
He is not asking us 1st … He gave 1st … all we have to do is respond.
We RESPOND not by DYING for HIM … but by LIVING FOR HIM and not for ourselves anymore!

“Brothers and sisters, in view of all we have just shared about
God's compassion, I encourage you to offer your bodies as
living sacrifices, dedicated to God and pleasing to him.”
Romans 12:1 (GW)

He LOVES US … He DIED … Why? He wanted us back … REDEMPTION … something was lost that need to be BOUGHT BACK. HE DID … BY DYING … WHAT LOVE … AND WE ARE FILLED WITH SIN WHEN ALL THESE THINGS HAPPENED. WE ARE NOT A PRINCESS TO BE RESCUED IN A CASTLE … WE WERE REBELLIOUS MONSTERS WHO WANTS TO FIGHT AND RESIST AND RUN AWAY … NEVERTHE LESS HE DIED FOR US!

“We beg you, please don't squander one bit of this marvelous
life God has given us!” 2 Corinthians 6:1 (Msg)
Call the Campaign TEAM over here …

VIEW Rick Warren’s Cut (Video)

“But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.” 2 Peter 3:18 (NIV)

“Ang inyo himuon, magpadayon kamo sa pagtubo sa kaalam nga ginahatag ni Jesu-Cristo nga
aton Ginoo kag Manluluwas. Siya ang dapat naton dayawon karon
kag sa tion nga wala sang katapusan! Amen.”
2 Peter 3:18 (Hiligaynon)

FACT:
Spiritual GROWTH
(1) Takes Time … I Must be a Friend of Time
(2) Takes Tools … I Must Invest in Them
(3) Takes a Team … I Must be Part of One
(4) Takes a Touch … I Must Hunger for the Ministry of the Holy Spirit.

Here is my CONCERN …
Pastor Joebert …
You can't keep adding things to your schedule.
You've got way too much going on in your life.
We have to LEARN to do things one at a TIME … and choose what is important!

LEFT HAND = Circle
RIGHT HAND = Triangle
RIGHT HAND = Eight
RIGHT FOOT = Circle

If you can do it …. You must be SUPERMAN or part of the FANTASTIC Four!
And we're getting ready, for the 40 Days of GROWTH, to add 2 new habits to your schedule.
A daily Bible devotional reading of about 12 minutes a day, from your Devotional Book with Journaling.

A weekly meeting in a 40 Day of Growth Small Group for 6 weeks that will help you DISCOVER how to really grow.
I'm telling you right now as your Pastor who cares about you; you need to decide right now what you're going to CUT OUT … before you start 40 Days of Growth.
So you need to ask,
"What am I going to stop doing?"
Any time you take on a new activity in your calendar,
you should say, "What am I not going to do?"
at the same time.
Any time you take on a new habit, a new skill, a new commitment you should say, "What am I not going to do?"
Maybe you're going to need to give up and hour a week of T.V. during these 40 Days.
You can go home and watch

============== OLD TELENOVELA
SANAY WALA NA NG WAKAS,
MARINA,
BASTAT KASAMA KITA,
IT MIGHT BE YOU,
or you can go to a group and make a
NEW TELE NOVELA FOR THE LORD because of CHANGE!
============== NEW TELENOVELA

Now I urge you, don't miss out on what's going to happen
next week …
If you're not in a group, get in to one.
If you don't have the time, make the time.

The ALTAR Call 1st …
THE Covenant CARD

PRAYER:
I don't want to be a casual Christian,
a part time believer, a lukewarm servant.
I want to give you my whole life, every part of me.
I need your help in developing the habits,
the disciplines I need to grow spiritually.
So help me to let go of things that don't really matter,
and put you first in my life.
Help me to know what to cut out,
so I have time for what's important.
Thank you for giving your life for me.
I want to be a part of what you're going to do here in the next
40 Days of Growth.
In your name I pray, Amen".

******************** (a big percentage of thots are borrowed from 40 Days of Community, Warren)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Design - Dos & Donts of Custom website design.
Website Design